Homemade Pizza


Ingredients

For two pizzas

Dough

7g instant yeast
1T sugar
3 1/2C flour
1t salt
2T oil

Toppings

Whatever you want!
I used

1 packet of pepperoni
lots of cheese
tomato paste

Instructions


I used a recipe for the dough but I understand that the instructions are a little complex so i'll simplify them!

Dough

Mix yeast and sugar into 1 1/3C of warm water (not hot!!! it will denature the yeast), Cover and leave for 5 min

Add mixture to a big bowl with flour, salt and oil, beat for 2 minutes (I used a wooden spatula)

Put dough on a lightly floured surface and begin kneading for 5 minutes (the dough will likely be sticky, add more flour very slowly, you don't want it to be too tough but not too sticky either)

By the end the dough should bounce back when you poke it

Add dough to greased bowl, cover and leave in a warm place for 60-90 minutes to rise

When dough has risen, punch it to deflate, half the dough and begin to roll it out on a lightly floured surface

At this time preheat the oven for 240 bake

Pizza

When rolling out the dough you can leave the edges a little thicker to create a crust

Before adding toppings, poke the dough and leave indents to help prevent the dough from bubbling up when cooking

Add your toppings, brush oil on crust and cook for 13-15 minutes

*NOTES*

- The recipe I used is here, please check out this creator, they have lots of notes on troubleshooting and storage




BONUS SNACKS!!

I only made one pizza so I used leftover dough, cheese, tomato paste and pepperoni to make pizza pockets

I just used a muffin tin and rolled out leftover dough to cover the tin, added ingredients and then pinched it shut like a dumpling. I brushed oil over then cooked it in the oven for roughly the same time as a pizza

they were meant to be a snack for the week....I ate them all in one sitting







 

Comments